My mentor, my professor and my cup of tea

So it's friday and i had my mentoring session with my mentor (duh, of course it's with my mentoring as i said it's a mentoring session). I'm supposed to take my mentor to a surprised tour to a newly opened coffee shop just one block away from my office, but in the end i deicided to take her to a tea house since my mentor likes tea more than coffee. I also invited another co-worker as well since he's quite excited when i mentioned to him where we are going.

it's just fun to hang out with my mentor this afternoon for an hour, we talked about her presentation with the CEO next week, about the private jet luxury (to my standard as a broke college student), and also things about hurricane impact, government regulations, reinsurance, identity fraud coverage, interview and so on and so on.....i guess i learnt a lot today!

well..on our way home, we talked about what kind of qualities my mentor would be looking for in a new hire, and then i was jokingly saying that if my mentoring was interviewing me and asking me all those challenging questions, probably i wont be working in this company now. ahhaah....well... what my mentor said next cheered me up all day, she said, "for you, i saw your work product and i watched how you interact with the people at work. so even i dont interview you, i would still give you a job". wow...i've always been watched? oh well.... luckily i can present myself decently most of the times.ahhahahaha...

anyway, just try the blog search function and i found out there are not many actuarial blog right here. hm...no wonder my blog profile had been viewed so many times lately.... there must be some actuaries are searching for actuarial blog huh?

so if you are an actuary and you are reading my blog, feel free to leave a comment. i don't expect you will agree with me. For my not-quite grammatically correct english, i'm working on it and that's why i'm writing here...so....please deal with it.

0 comments: