Off tangent: WNBA and modelling

I had two new experiences today. A Gung Fu brother, which was also a photographer needed to take some pictures of Asians for his portfolio. Since he didn't have too many Asian friends, he asked me if he could take some pictures of me. Hence, I had my first experience to be a model, so to speak. No, it's nothing like those pictures you see at the Gap or Banana Republic.

For the entire 3 hours, I was mostly just sitting in front of my friend's laptop and standing next to the stove to pretend I was cooking. (He was trying to take some lifestyle pictures- as in working with computer and cooking at home.)

At the end, when I looked at the pictures, I thought, "Wow, I looked at least 10 times prettier in these pictures... I didn't know I was that beautiful." I know, my comment is full of vanity. ;) A few minutes later, I realised that I have always looked the same. The magic lies in the person who's taking the pictures. A good photographer has the ability to bring out the beauty and charm from any individual.

After 'being a model', I went to watch my first WNBA game. I'm not a big basketball fan, but I was given 4 free tickets two weeks ago at the street fair. Actually I found it more interesting to just people watching at the game.

Anyway, it was an eventful Sunday.

0 comments: