Je ne veux pas travailler

I heard this song at a bar last Saturday. This song reminded me of R as R always have this song in the ipod. :)

And here's the translation of the lyrics from SongMeanings:

My room is a cage
The sun streams through the window,
the bellhops are at my door
like those little soldiers
who want to take me away.

I don't want to work,
I don't want to lunch
I only want to forget and so I smoke.

Long ago I knew the smell of love,
a million roses didn't smell as sweet.
Now a single flower in my way makes me sick.

Chorus

I am not proud if this life
that wants to kill me.
It's magnificent to be sympatico
but I have never known this.

Chorus



1 comments:

Christen said...

we sang this song at French camp! Except, we did not say "and then i smoke" i think our words were, "i don't want to work, i don't want to study, i only want to forget and then i sleep"
a little more kid-friendly :-)