New Year Resolution: flying solo in life

I enjoy flying tandem in life. Especially when you are flying with an experienced pilot. Thinking and making decisions are totally not necessary. My experienced pilot friend has probably seen it all and can help me with all kinds of situation in life. I feel dependent and I feel safe. I know I couldn't possibly fail because I have a friend who will make the best decision for me.

The safety and comfort come with a price. And that is the opportunity to do it yourself. There's a difference between watching someone doing a task and doing the task yourself. There's a gap between knowing and doing.

My 2010 resolution is to learn flying solo in life. I may be afraid, I may be slow at first and I will make mistakes. If this is my way to learn, then so be it. Life is not only about comfort and safety. It's about time. I may not remember everything that I'm told, I do remember all the rules of thumbs and principles. It's about time to apply them in my life.



I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius

0 comments: