Cheesecake Factory Dinner

My Circle of Trust had a "bet", atually I initiated it. I said, if I got an additional offer, I would treat us for a cheesecake factory dinner. Okay, fair enough right? I want my friends to be on my side to cheering me on and I would also like to creat an atmosphere on celebrating success.

So, i got the good news on Wednesday and we decided to go to my favourite restuarnt on Saturday night. The dinner was great though they didn't have pumpkin cheesecake and we were quite disappointed. We were trying to complain to the server but there's nothing much he could do. Oh well, come again next time.

Anyway, this is my toast yesterday and I would like to share with you here. (once again, it's okay if nobody's reading my blog, I used this blog as a professional reference).

I said,' Thank you very much for all of your support and encouragement, thanks for being here to celebrate my accomplishments, I prmoise I will contiune to be great and be awesome as ever!'

My friend said I'm being too cocky. Oh trust me, there are people way more cocky than I am. besides i'm just telling the truth, what's wrong of being great and awesome?

anyway, it's been a restful weekend, no test and exams next week. (yes, i'm taking a break for the actuarial exams, send me a comment and I'll tell you why). I read a few chapters of "Re-imagine" by Tom Peters. Great book and great obervations on the new economy and the globalized world. My mind was full of new information and insights last night after reading this book. I especially like the chapter on "personal branding", does actuary know how to brand themselves? I guess the SOA is working on it right now.

Straight from my heart, I think actuary has the best potential to be a well-rounded business executive and also as a consultant. And this is my goal, to be the best consultant in this professions and make a difference to the world and inspire others that everything is possible.

oh well, i'm thinking too far ahead now. Now it's time for dinner.

0 comments: