A microscopic view on Globalization

I just read this article forwarded by my finanace professor. Check it out if you are interested in what Bill Gates and Tom Friedman, the writer of "The World is Flat" have to say about globalization during the World Economic Forum.

Here's my example about living in the age of globalization:

Wishing my dad happy chinese new year on the phone in Cantonese,
then talking with my schoolmates during dinner in Mandarin and some Singlish.
Later on writing my finance class Costco analysis in English
And watching the BBC news on the web at the end of the day.

I know I'm not alone here, what kind of globalization experience do you have?

3 comments:

Christen said...

Listening to the Professor lecture in French, talk to Katie about what he said afterwards in English. Dinner with Mexicans in Spanish and dessert with German girls speaking in French.

Christen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Christen said...

Interesting thought in the article. I was arguing with a guy from Cardiff, England yesterday about globalization and American foreign politics and how the two relate. I wish I knew his email so that I could email this article to him... Thanks for keeping me informed !