Maybe you should start blogging too?

I just read this article from Steve Pavilina's blog. Wonderful reasons on why we should all blog for personal development.

I was talking with Samuel last night and sharing some of my job searching experience.
Samuel had a very good point.
He said," blogging can help you remember things better!"
I am totally agree with him.
When the pace of my life getting faster and faster,
Sometimes I don't even remember what's memorable day by day.

Besdies, I think blogging is a very good way to brush up our story-telling ability, which is essential in presentation and also being a consultant a few years down the road.

This morning, I sent an email to the director of the International Center of my college and I suggested to organize a job seraching/interview workshop for my fellow international students. I don't know if the director likes my idea. But I think this will be a very good way for me to give back to my school and also make a positive impact to all of my friends and future friends in school.


On my flight back to town yesterday, I almost finished "Nice Girls Don't Get Rich". There's something striked me. The writer said, " people don't pay for how much time you spend on the projects, they pay for your expertise."

I just amazed that this is the exact idea that I recevied from someone I respect two days ago.

So lesson that I learned this weekend:
1. In order to be a world class consultant, I have to have the expertize in the area and to work effectively and efficiently.
2. Keep on blogging!

0 comments: