A Healthcare/Actuarial related article

RM, thanks for the link to an article about the healthcare system written by Malcom Gladwell. This article is a little bit over a year ago and it was about the US healthcare system. Gladwell brought up the difference of universal healthcare vs. the actuarial healthcare.

You may not agree with the conclusion in the article. I do feel that I'm more aware of this healthcare issue after reading the article. I feel that I can put myself into the shoes of those people who live without health insurance. (Though I have covered by the company insurance, the deductible for every doctor visit is still 200 dollars! And this is not the cheapest plan among the selection.)

Is there a way that a universal healthcare system can be managed under the actuarial direction? Is there a way that actuaries can come out with an affordable healthcare plan for everyone?

0 comments: