Mostly, Everything is Negotiable (Part 2)

Incident 2:

I was on the phone with a customer service representative of a cellphone service provider because of the change of ownership issue of my cellphone number. The girl on the phone told me that I had to stick with the company for another year in order to maintain the "promotion" I've been using--which is just a standard plan with 1000 minutes, plus unlimited nights and weekends. I told her I don't want another contract. She said if I don't have a 12 month contract, I won't receive the free nights minutes. Then I said, "I don't want a contract, and I want the deal I'm having now. Is this the best you can do?" So she asked me to hang on for a minute when she went to talk to her manager. When she came back, she and her manager agreed to give me the same plan I've been using for the same price without any contract.

I was happy with what I got. And what's most important is that I gave a try on those negotiating tips that I read from books sometime ago.

0 comments: