Cherry Pie goes far at work too

A few weeks ago, I brought a cherry pie to office. No, I didn't bake it. I bought it from a local bakery which was featured on Food Network. Normally I'm not the type of people who would bring cookies and cakes to work since I didn't know how to bake at all. ;) It just happened that the crumby cherry pie I bought on the weekend was too sweet to my standard and I just couldn't finish it.

I left the pie in the open area outside my cubicle. Guess what, within 5 minutes, my co-workers started to notice there's a pie next to the photocopy machine! When they found out I was the person who bought the pie, literally they looked at me in a "whole new light". My boss stopped by and asked me what was the occasion. And I said, "It's Cherry Pie Wednesday!" While a secretary was eating the pie, she looked so happy and said, "That's a really good pie and that's so nice of you....."

Penelope suggested baking cupcakes go far at work because it shows people that you are human and caring. By the same token, I think bringing in cherry pies or cookies serve the same purpose. (It works in my office. ;) It's the thought that counts.

I'm not really a big fan of cupcakes, maybe it's time for me to learn how to make a cherry pie now...;)

0 comments: