My first Salsa Dance lesson

I always wanted to learn Salsa dance. At Drake, since my buddy was the VP of the Latino cultural club, she always made sure I went to the salsa dance event every semester. I always arrived on time so I could take the salsa dance lesson before the dancing began.

I could follow all the basic steps like stepping forward, backward and sideways etc. But once I have to go with the rhythm and move my body, I was totally clueless.

This time, the neighborhood gym offered Salsa dance lesson once a week. Surprisingly, there were only 5 people showed up! Hopefully I will learn the basics by heart in the following weeks, then I'll work on going with the flow of the music.

Stay tuned for more salsa dance update...

7 comments:

takchek said...

You went to school at Drake? Cool. Do you know anyone (Singaporeans/HKongers) from Iowa State or UIowa?

Y said...

NO, unfortunately I didn't expand my netowrk to Iowa State or UIOwa. (It was too far for me at that time due to the lack of transportation, i.e. a car ;))

I do know all of the Singaporeans and Hongkongers at Drake though (since there were less than 5 all together ;).

Christen said...

Hey lady! I was listening to NPR this morning and they had a trivia question: "what Chinese island has the highest concentration of pianos" Do you know?!? I have a whole story about it!

Unknown said...

How is your salsa going. It is not as bad as you try to picture, I believe you re a great dancer. I lookforward for the next update. Enjoy your dance...

Unknown said...

Hey, how is your salsa dancing going, I bet you are having fun. I look forward for the next salsa update. Keep dancing and enjoy yourself.

Y said...

Christen, ha, there are not that many islands in China, you know? I guess I know the answer. Do I get a prize for guessing it right?

Y said...

Hello Guto Wilson,
Thank you for your comment! I really like salsa dancing- it's just look so beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by again and keep on blogging!