NYC Trip Recap

We had so much fun in NYC over the weekend. It's hard to describe everything in written words.

But here's a recap of places and activities:


  1. Watched Spamalot, a musical on Broadway. (I'm glad I watched the Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD the week before. Or else, I don't think I can understand most of the show.)

  1. Visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art to feel more cultured and sophisticated

  2. Walked around the Central Park

  3. A walking tour to Time Square, Grand Central, Union Square, Little Italy, Canal Street and Chinatown. (I've never walked for so many hours in the last 2 years)

  4. Had a delicious, Hong Kong style dinner at Big Wong King in Chinatown.

  5. We stayed in R's brother's place in West Village. (Now, I started to appreciate more of my spacious apartment in a mid-west suburb)

  6. Took the subway and buses. (Though using public transportation has always been part of my life, I still prefer driving.)

  7. Saw the gay pride parade- and someone gave me a "Hot Asian" sticker. I'm flattered!

  8. Had a relaxing lunch in a cozy, non-expensive but fancy French restaurant on Monday in West Village.


And here are the people we met:

  1. R's brother- Thank you so much for letting us stay in your place!

  2. Loli- Thank you so much for being our 'tour guide' on Saturday. Without you, I would be lost in the city. And I'll always remember that "snowing in the mid-June" incident. :)

  3. Peggy- I couldn't believe I'll see you again. When did I see you last time? 1999, 2000? Wow, that was so last century!

  4. JS- At last, I kept my words to come to NYC to see you. What a great mini-reunion. Though we only got a chance to meet up for dinner, I still feel our friendship is timeless.

  5. Lori- Again, awesome people write awesome blogs is true (and vice versa). Thanks for meeting with us though you had a very busy schedule.

  6. Sarah- Your Hollywood movie stars stories were fascinating and hilarious. It was such a pleasure to meet you.

    And coming up more pictures...



2 comments:

Christen said...

I'm so jealous! I'm glad that you had such a good time on your trip and you were able to hang out with great people!
SOMETIME we will get to chat; I'm looking forward to your stories! I'm sorry about my phone yesterday, it is being weird. I was on the phone with mediacom (well, on hold with mediacom) and it was cutting out. So frustrating.

Anonymous said...

Please spread the words around that you only need to spend 3.3333 cents to go to the museum.