My 30 Seconds Random Kindness

You probably heard about the 30 seconds elevator pitch theory, which you are supposed to distinguish and introduce yourself in less than 30 seconds. Since I decided to either do one thing a day that scares me or makes me smile, I twisted the elevator pitch idea a little bit and made it a 30 second elevator random kindness act.

This is how it happened:

It was Friday afternoon, about 6 o'clock. My work was done and I was going home. My co-worker and I were in the same elevator. She started talking about how busy this week was and how much works were pouring in after the holidays.

You know you can just sense the vibe when people are not in a positive mood. So I decided to say something funny to cheer her up. I said, "Yeah, that's right. And you know what, the other day, I was telling my friend about my new year resolution of doing one thing that scares me everyday. And guess what he said to me. He said, 'Oh, just like waking up and going to work every day right?' "

We both laughed. The elevator stopped. We walked out of the lobby and said bye. When she walked away, I saw that she was still smiling because of what I said ;).

Yeah, I know, all of my friends think I'm quite random sometimes. My random kindness probably won't stop a war or end the poverty, but it's still worth doing it if it can put a smile on somone's face :).

0 comments: