A Tricky Interview Question

Here's an interview question (with an expected follow up question) I heard from a friend who was interviewing for summer internship earlier this week:

Q1: If you were the interviewer and you can ask one question to the student, what would you ask?

Q2: And if you are the student, what would you answer?

And there are two versions of my response:

Version 1:

A1: We are planning to offer you this position, when can you start working?

A2: I can start working anytime!!

Version 2:

A1: Okay, I'll be a little bit more generous to the student and this is my question: If you were the interviewer and you can ask TWO questions to the student, what would you ask?

A2: If you were the interviewer and you can ask two questions to the student, what would you ask? Ha, I love this paradox by answering a question with another question :)

I thought this is quite a tricky question. And normally it is the best to use humor to diffuse this kind of situation.

0 comments: