Updates on the Info session

I was about to book the air-ticket this morning and I found out I forgot to bring my company credit card! In addition, the round trip air tickets cost about 1100 dollars! I don't think it's really worth it to spend 1100 dollars to give a 20 minute presentation just for general recruiting. I found some other cheaper tickets which are between 500 to 700 dollars, but those have at least 1 connections.

After discussing with my boss, I think I'm not going. Yeah, it's kind of hard to say no to a free trip to visit some friends and see my host family. But at the same time, I don't think it is the best use for the company money and my time either.

It's okay, my friends...I'll see if I can find a way to come back around the Relays time. And to other actuarial students who may feel disappointed that I'm not coming- don't worry, three of my colleagues will be there and they already bought their ticket. ;)

Thank you to whoever left me a comment about the presentation topic. I think it would be more interesting to talk about how the company groom us to be the future consultant. Hahaha...data cleaning...this topic is a gem, I will save it for the next time. ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just randomly searching for some actuarial career information, and I found this great blog. Thank you for sharing your experiences and thoughts with us!