Is this an oxymoron?

It's Good Friday tomorrow. Unfortunately I still have to work as usual. I received an email today and it said the executive decided to have the office "closed down" 2 hours earlier so everyone can go home early to celebrate Easter.

Though it sounds very thoughtful, it seems like an oxymoron to me. Every time when there's an office "closed down", almost nobody really go home early (as the deadlines didn't push back or the projects were shortened at the same time). Well, except some lucky administrative assistants who didn't really have a fixed billable hour goal to meet.

Instead of telling me to go home 2 hours earlier before Easter, Thanksgiving, or Christmas...I'd be happier if they add two "freebie" billable hours to my account so that I could work two hours less.

0 comments: