I didn't pick a fight

My left eye was swollen and red since Saturday. (If you saw me this morning, you might think I was being punched around my eye during my Gung Fu class ;)). After my own diagnosis with the help of Google, I've concluded it is an eye stye.

In Chinese, an eye stye is called 眼挑針. When I found out the Chinese translation of stye, it just reminds me a funny thing that my mom told me when I was little. She said, 'If you watch/read dirty things, you will get an eye stye.' By "dirty", she meant all those movies and magazines which belonged to the R-rated category. So you could imagine what questions my mom asked me yesterday when I told her about my stye. :)

Anyway, I could barely opened my eye this morning and hence I had to call in sick today. Just want to be on the safe side to make sure my own diagnosis was right and it's not contagious (right, my co-workers would really appreciate it if that's the case ;)), I walked in to a CVS MinuteClinic.

The nurse practitioner (NP) was very friendly and there was no wait. All together, I paid $40 for the visit and the ointment. I thought the price was reasonable. It costs about the same if I have to see a neighborhood doctor in Hong Kong.

To me, the MinuteClinic is a great idea. It's quick and cheap. And I don't have to wait for several days to see my doctor if I want to be treated right away for some minor discomforts.

Here's my idea- can we set up a mini pension/retirement clinic for small companies? We give you a quick fix for your retirement plan with a relatively low price (compared that to hire a big consulting firm). If we find out it is more complicated than we can handle, we will refer you to an expert. How does that sound?

3 comments:

simpleblob said...

Maybe it's possible, but the "Economies of Scale" make it impractical?

Do you mean a health clinic or an insurance clinic?
The former could become a franchise, but the latter.... well.. no.

My 2 cents

simpleblob said...

Oh, and hope you get well soon. :)

Y said...

simpleblob, thanks! I'm feeling much better today!