有朋自远方来,不亦乐乎- 孔子

It is such a joy when there are friends visiting from afar- Confucius (My Translation)

S from San Diego finally decided to come to my city to visit me. For the last few days, we've been touring around the city. There are two requests from S- 1. We have to eat breakfast at least once at Dunkin' Donuts. 2. We must try White Castle at least once (as these two places don't have branches the Bay Area).

I wish I could have taken S to Potbelly and a Coney Island. A co-worker of S suggested S to visit a Coney Island in my area. S thought Coney Island is really a place that we might need to take a ferry to visit. :)

(Here are just some high-lights of my local vacation. There are more pictures on facebook. )

I recommended this Ajisin udon soup to S- it's the best udon soup in town.

Oddly enough, it's my first time eating Dunkin' Donuts too. I felt like I was a tourist when I walked into the store.

Though I've been here last year, I had to take S here as this Art Museum is a must see in my city. Luckily there is a new exhibition of Aschan artists, so I got to see something new this time.

Our all-time favourite- Bubble Tea! According to S, there are no good bubble tea places in her area. Actually, it's much more fun to drink bubble tea with friends.

We saw this restaurant on our way home. I thought the name of the restaurant looked like a misspell of a friend's name.

Though we both watched the Harold and Kumar go to White Castle movie, we've never been to White Castle before. So we decided to eat here on Saturday night. We looked up the closest White Castle online before we left our place. So the journey to White Castle was pretty much unadventurous. :)
Look at all the little, greasy burgers....

Sunday- we went to an Ethiopian restaurant for dinner since I've never tried it before.

These were our food (for 4 people). It's fun to eat with our hands. I felt like I was playing play-doh again.

1 comments:

triple-u said...

go the taiwanese bubble tea! they are everywhere!